Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Turkey Day!

As we celebrate Thanksgiving today, I pause to be thankful for all that God has given me.  I have a wonderful husband, great kids (well, most of them!  :)  Just kidding.), some of the best brothers and sister around, terrific in-laws (how lucky is that?).  We live in a great house, in a great community, in a country that allows us to be free and make our own decisions.

There's so much to be thankful for. 

I always miss my mom's laugh when all of us are together, or my dad's chortle at the kids, but knowing that they are together today brings me such happiness that outweighs my sadness.

Today -- this year -- I am so very thankful for the gift that God gave me last weekend.  The great cheese hat trade-off was one of the outstanding moments of 2013, and maybe of my life.  I thank God so much for that moment, and the many moments that have come from that, as it has richly blessed my life.

I realize there are many who have no one to celebrate with today -- our house is always open and welcomes anyone. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Quote for the day from Pope Francis:
"If we are to share our lives with others and generously give of ourselves, we also have to realize that every person is worthy of our giving. Not for their physical appearance, their abilities, their language, their way of thinking, or for any satisfaction that we might receive, but rather because they are God’s handiwork, his creation. God created that person in his image, and he or she reflects something of God’s glory. Every human being is the object of God’s infinite tenderness, and he himself is present in their lives. Jesus offered his precious blood on the cross for that person. Appearances notwithstanding, every person is immensely holy and deserves our love. Consequently, if I can help at least one person to have a better life, that already justifies the offering of my life. It is a wonderful thing to be God’s faithful people. We achieve fulfillment when we break down walls and our heart is filled with faces and names!"


No comments:

Post a Comment