Wednesday, September 14, 2011

But He forgot me!

Just a quick follow up to my post yesterday about Uncle Clete.  I had the priveledge of having Sister Teresa ride with me from the church to the cemetary and back.  She is one of my Aunt Sister Marge's Sister friends.  I enjoyed speaking with her during our time together. 

We were discussing aging and dying, and how, even when people are older, it doesn't necessarily make it easier to let them go.  She spoke of another nun in their order, who lived to be 105.  She said this nun was always smiling and happy, but felt she had lived her life and was ready to move on.

At her 105th birthday party, she casually mentioned to someone that he had forgotten her.  The other party asked, "Who forgot you?"  She said, "I think God did!  He forgot he put me on this earth and has forgotten to come back and get me!" 

I've been chuckling about that all day.  May God NEVER forget he put you on this earth and forget to come back and get you!  :)

Hope YOU had a GREAT day!  Fall is here!  Dig out the sweatshirts for the ballgames and the band contests!  Time to stock up on pumpkin and dig out the soup recipes!

As always,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment