Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy birthday, Becca!

Sorry....just realized it's been almost a month since I've written anything.  But, I got Sarah off to college with very few tears (yay me!), got the rest of the kids back in school (yay them!), survived the annual Goettemoeller Labor Day campout, and made it to today!  Yay!

Today's post is all about our Becca.  Our sweet little Becca, who turns 15 today!!! 


Becca came into our lives when life was a little difficult -- Jim had taken a new job in New Bremen -- I stayed back in Columbus to sell our home.  We had two little girls (Sarah and Emily were 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 at the time) and Becca was on her way!  I talked our doctor into inducing my labor on a Saturday to insure that Jim would be around.  My parents came in the morning to watch the girls while we went to the hospital -- we ended up having a showing that day (hoping to sell our house!) -- so we went to McDonald's for lunch.  I don't think I ate much that day -- I forget what time I had to be at the hospital, but knew I shouldn't eat much!

Becca was born at 7:59 pm on Saturday, September 7, 1996.  She wasn't small :) but she sure was cute!  I remember my mom and dad brought the other girls up to the hospital before bedtime because they couldn't wait to meet their new little sister!

It would take a few more months (3 to be exact) until we were reunited in New Bremen again -- let me just say I grew to love Fridays at 6:30, because I would be watching for Jim to drive down the street!  I would hug and kiss him and run out the door for a little "me" time.  We had fabulous neighbors who really helped a lot, but somehow it is never the same as family.

Dear little Becca, I hope this is your best birthday yet.  We love you so much!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment