Friday, April 15, 2011

Last night, I finished this book.  It took me a long time to read it -- not to actually read it, but I've had it in my possession for a while and a couple of weeks ago put it into my queue to read.

I'm not sure why I waited so long.  In fact, I'm upset with myself for waiting so long.  This book is so wonderful, and such a good read, that I am sorry that I denied myself this gift for so long.

This is the story of a man, Mackenzie, who goes on a journey back to the shack where he was able to see remnants of his daughter's death.  He is invited there by "Papa", who is quickly identified as who we call "God", but who appears much differently than what most of us think God looks like (LOL).

It's a beautiful story of faith and forgiveness, on many levels.  It's a story that made me smile, and, at other times, made me cry.  I often wonder what heaven and the afterlife looks like, and certainly have my own views.  However, this book was able to offer some really neat alternatives, that neither confirmed nor denied what my vision is.

I absolutely cannot say enough about this book.  If you've read it, let me know your thoughts.  I was telling someone today that I have never been a part of a book discussion group, but would LOVE to be part of one for this book.  There are so many levels to it!!!

If you have not yet had the chance to read this book, please pick it up.  Pick it up at the library, or the bookstore, or at Amazon......it's definitely worth it.  And if you do read it, let me know.  I would love to talk about it with you.

If you are comfortable with your faith, this is sure to "mix it up" a bit, and help you to think.  If you are uncomfortable with your faith, this may just be the thing to help get you moving a little closer.

And if you own a copy of the Shack that you haven't seen for a while, you may want to check with me.  I think I have your book.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment