Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Prayers for Rachel

People come into our lives in a variety of ways -- we meet them in elementary school, move in next door to them, work with them, go to church with them, our kids go to school with their kids.....the list goes on and on......

And sometimes you don't ever meet people....you just "know" them.  The young woman I am about to write about is someone just like that.  I am not sure if I have ever met her before or not.  She just turned 21 and went to high school with some of my nieces. 

When I was little, we sat behind her grandparents (and dad) in church.  (I don't know if you do this, but we sat in the same pew every Sunday -- and so did they!).

My sister graduated with her dad.

My niece graduated with her.

I once watched her in a pageant.  She is such a neat young lady.

When she was 10 years old, she received a heart transplant.  Her heart wasn't doing the job any more.  That is about the time she came into my world, and I knew who she was.  We prayed for her.  We prayed the very difficult prayer that she would receive a new chance at life.  It's a difficult prayer because in order for her to receive a new chance at life, someone else has to end theirs.  That's tough.


Today, I ask you to "meet" Rachel Doseck.  She turned 21 on Sunday and is looking for a third chance at life.  She recently contracted the flu, and it attacked her heart.  Since then, her body has started rejecting her heart.  Today, she sits in the Cleveland Clinic in the ICU awaiting a new heart.  A new chance at life. 

I ask you to come with me in prayer for her and her family.  I also ask, if it is God's will, for her to receive a new heart -- but for prayers for the family who is generous with their gift to her.  Please, even if you have never met her face to face, meet with her in prayer.

Her words:  "I will be put on the list tomorrow for another heart transplant! So After tomorrow any day i could get another heart transplant! SO PLEASE PRAY FOR GOD'S HEALING! Everyone pray because I need it! But at least i lived a good life at the end of day thanks for memories and hopefully many more to come!!!!!!!!!!! ♥"

Wow!  What a powerful message!

This has really caused me to think this week about organ donation, and the need for it.  Please prayfully consider giving life to another should your life, or your children's, be cut short.

Here is a really nice article about her and her journey, along with another's perspective of organ donation:  Wapak Daily News Heart Transplant article.

Lots of prayers heading to Cleveland this night!



No comments:

Post a Comment