Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How can we help our church?

I read this today.  I think it's important.  It's so easy for us to complain about things, to say that they aren't the way that we want them, especially with our own church.  However, upon reading this, it put it into perspective for me.  I'm just as responsible as anyone else for what is going on.  If I like it, I need to let someone know.  If I don't, I need to let someone know, but also bring a solution.  I LOVE THIS!!!

"My church is composed of people like me. I help make it what it is. It will be friendly, if I am. It will be holy, if I am. Its pews will be filled, if I help fill them. It will do great work, if I work. It will be prayerful, if I pray. It will make generous gifts to many causes, if I am a generous giver. It will bring others into worship, if I invite and bring them. It will be a church of loyalty and love, of fearlessness and faith, of compassion, charity, and mercy, if I am filled with these same things. Therefore, with the help of God, I now dedicate myself to the task of being all the things that I want my church to be."

So, that brings up the question -- how can we help?

No comments:

Post a Comment