Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ignio: A new Catholic app!

At the beginning of the year, I got a new cell phone.  We looked through all the choices, and decided to go with an iPhone.  Everyone else in the house has an iPod (well, most everyone else) and I don't, so I thought I could kill two birds with one stone.  It wasn't expensive (surprise, surprise!), so we went for it.

I have been having fun with it.  Finally I have unlimited texting!  :)  I'm trying to get used to typing on a screen, as opposed to a keyboard.  The girls have gotten some rather funny messages from me as I adapt to the screen and the spell checker.  For instance, Sarah asked one evening what we should have for dinner.  What I thought I typed was "grilled cheese and soup" came out as "Grilled.  Hesse and soup."  She busted out laughing and asked what I meant.  LOL

I've been looking for fun apps -- I did find a Project Runway one, which is fun -- so if you have any, let me know!

My friend, Alicia, recommended that I try out the Ignio app.  It's a Catholic app that encourages the user to "check in" when they are at church, lists the daily readings every day (and allows comments), has a place to list prayers (although right now I can only read and not respond, or list that I am among those praying).  One of the neatest things is that if you "bump" phones with someone else who has the same app, you can light a candle that will continually burn brighter!  So fun!

So, if you have an iPhone, add this app, and then add me as a friend.  It's pretty easy to navigate around and figure out how to do all of this, but if you need help, let me know.  We can pray with and for each other!

I'm pretty sure these are the kinds of things that Pope John Paul II had in mind when he said that we should use technology to evangelize!

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment