Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I love it when a plan comes together.....

So, have you ever planned something that you think is really great, only to have it not turn out so well?  Or, planned something that you thought was ok, and yet turned out great?

Well, I mentioned last week that I, along with Steve, Brad, and Scott (and probably a LOT of help from the Holy Spirit!) were planning a group CCD class....and I was excited!  The more I thought about it, and the more e-mails that were exchanged -- I kept thinking, "This is going to be awesome!"

And then, right before class started, I worried.  What if it isn't??  What if no one shows up?  What if they all talk while we're talking, and I get upset?  What if this doesn't work?

I'm really not sure why I was worried....perhaps it was the devil trying to get in the way....I don't know.  But, as we prayed before class, as we always do, we prayed for God to do the work -- to tell us what to say, and to help guide us with the words the kids needed to hear. And, as we prayed, I relaxed.....thinking, "Let go and let God!"

And, I must say.....I think it went FABULOUS!  We had a generic discussion of the 4 Gospel writers (that would be Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) and what they really did, other than write items for the bible.

We then discussed the basics of a bible (I call it Bible 101), including where to find the old and new testament, psalms, etc.  We even discussed impramaturs!  (do you know what that is?)  I know that may sound very elementary to some, but I never assume that anyone knows anything....because sadly, oftentimes they don't.

We finished the evening by splitting into four groups (that would be the Matthew group, Mark group, Luke group, and John group) and discussing the gospel for the coming week.  I LOVE to have these discussions -- and am always amazed at what I hear (and sometimes giggle at what I hear....LOL).....such beautiful minds the youth of our church have.  And, as usual, I was surprised by who spoke up in our group and offered their words....that, in and of itself, is always a gift.

I cannot wait to see what the following weeks bring.....we've got some awesome things planned for the next three weeks!  :)

If your kids are in our ccd class, ask them what they thought tonight.  It might be a fun conversation.  Have them tell you about the gospel for this coming Sunday.  They are sure to remember it, and maybe even have a story of their own!

Until next time,
Pam

PS Oops -- almost forgot!!  Happy birthday to my awesome hubby!!!  Thank you for understanding that I had to run out to teach class!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment