Friday, February 25, 2011

The pressure....

...hahahaha!!!  Sorry no blog yesterday -- had nothing really to say, and don't want to write a blog just to be out there!  So today I'm feelin' the pressure!

Today was a snow day, which is always an interesting day for me.  Since I work from home, people expect me to be in the office since, well, it is inside my home.  LOL  However, I always have to plan a little differently for phone calls, etc., because my house tends to be a little louder when everyone's here.

But I'm not complaining!  I hesitate to say this, but I really do love the snow!  I love snow days!  What?  You say?  Why?  Well, it's simple, really.....

When school is cancelled, everything is cancelled.  And our kids know better than to ask us to truck them around when there is no school.  I won't do it.  It's a great way for all of us to be together and spend time together.  For instance, right now I hear a mean game of Apples to Apples going on.....We don't slow down enough.  And I know it!

I've been really evaluating lately, in case you can't tell from my writing.  Evaluating my faith life and trying to discern if I'm really doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  I suppose this is partially Dad's fault, because I've been thinking a lot about him (and Mom) and just putting things into perspective.

I ran across this statement the other day.....and I have to say that it has really hit me like a ton of bricks and has really made me think.  It really does put things into perspective, I think......

The more God uses your life, the more you'll be misunderstood and misjudged.
That's the price. Are you OK with that?

Much like Jesus was put to death, crucified on a cross, we as Catholics, Christians, are asked to stand up for Him each and every day.  It may not be what's popular, it may not be what we want to do, but it's what is being asked of us. 

So, in a society that is all about instant gratification and doing what is right.....how does this fit? 

I'm still trying to figure it all out.  I guess that's why we're here -- to figure that out.  And hopefully we all Him to use us in our lives a whole lot.....whether it's the popular thing to do or not.

Until next time,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment