Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friday -- 11-11-11

Today, I am, as many are -- very thankful for our vets.  I appreciate their willingness to sacrifice and serve our country.

I think of my dad, who served in the Korean War.  I wish he would have shared more stories of that time, but he never had the desire to. 

I think of my relatives and friends who have served -- and thank them many times over.

My nephew, John, is getting ready to head to Afghanistan within the next couple of weeks.  I applaud him, along with everyone going with him, and already there (as well as already home!) -- it has to be scary to do that, but they go in with their heads held high, knowing they have a job to do.

I've also learned through this process to be thankful for the spouses who stay behind to run the household.  It can't be easy to be without your loved one for that long, so I am impressed.

I am thankful that I live in the United States of America -- land of the free and home of the brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment