Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude Finale

I knew when the month started that I would have a hard time coming every day and posting something I'm thankful for -- not that I didn't have 30 things, because I probably have 30 million things.....but rather I knew life would get in the way.  But I decided early on I wasn't going to stress about it.  I would do as I could!  What a concept!

I have a million things I want to say about our weekend away, but I will save that for another day.  Let's just say for now that I am very thankful for our families!  :)

I want to finish up with my attitude of gratitude.  God is so good to us and gives us so many things -- tangible and intangible.  Sometimes we have to step back and realize that everything He gives us is good -- even when it doesn't appear that way.

I've had two seperate things drop into my lap today to share my attitude of gratitude.....so I'm going to wrap up with them.

The first is a video, showing that -- silly us -- we think things are always going wrong around us, or we don't appreciate the things we do have.  I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!  It is SO TRUE.


Everything's amazing and nobody's happy.  That's about right.  :)

Finally, a little paragraph to pull together all my thoughts about being grateful for what we do have.  Thanks to my friend, Beth, for posting this today as a gentle reminder:

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a c...ompany... a church... a home. The remarkable... thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
Charles Swindoll

Thanks for sharing November's Attitude of Gratitude with me.  I'm hopeful I can continue to count my blessings!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment