Sunday, February 19, 2012

I've been trying to patiently put together a post about the mandates that the President and Congress are trying to impose through the new health care reforms.  I've read a lot about them (the first and the second), and have tried to put my thoughts to paper, but I have not always been able to do it in a way that I wanted.  Tonight, I ran across a homily from Holy Angels Church in Sidney by Father Dan Hess.  I think he verbalizes this succinctly and to the point, so I would like to ask you to watch this video.  What he's telling us is what we will never hear in the mainstream media.  This is a divisive issue, brought up by the President at a time that he wants to weaken and divide the Republican primaries in an effort to continue in the White House.  Please take 17 minutes and listen.  Give me your thoughts.

Fr. Dan Hess homily 2/19/12


In case that video doesn't work for some reason, here is a link to the homily written out:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/holy-angels-church/homily-for-2192012-on-contraception/390412404307768

We must, as a church, fight this fight.  If you haven't already, please contact your congresspeople and express your displeasure at them even contemplating this.

Thanks.  Have a good week.  I promise to be back soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment