Tuesday, February 28, 2012

R.I.P. Fireside Pub and Ques Barber Shop

Truly, you don't know what you got until it's gone.  Huge huge fire tonight in New Bremen.  Apparently, the fire trucks went out just as Jim and I were headed to mass.  Between mass and our prayer group, someone mentioned to me not to take 274 home, because it was closed because of a fire at the Fireside Pub.  Typical me, I brushed it off, because nothing big ever happens in our town.  Dumb, dumb, dumb!  We were in our prayer meeting discussing things like how to help others in need, etc., all while we could have been starting a plan, and praying for the safety of all those involved!!!

Here's a pic from the height of the fire this evening:


I have to say, all things considered, that we are lucky that no one was seriously injured or killed.  "Things" can be replaced.  People can't.  However, I understand there were many many antiques stored on the second floor, that will not ever be replaced.

My heart aches for these two business people, as they lost everything tonight. 

Our prayers go forth for all of them, but most of all, for the firefighters who risked their lives tonight to ensure that our community stayed safe.  The mutual aid from the surrounding communities was awesome.  We are truly blessed.

We may not have been born in New Bremen, but it is surely our hometown.  I'm so proud of the efforts of everyone (down to the McDonald's who made cheeseburgers and coffee and delivered them to the scene).  When someone is down, we are here for each other. 

Please say prayers for continued safety in the days and weeks ahead, as decisions are made, and the healing begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment