Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So, what did you do today???

I often find myself wishing I had more time.  Another hour to my day.  A few more minutes here or there.  I know there would be so much I could get done if I only had more time!!!

So, today I had more time.   A whole extra day in fact.  A day I don't usually get during the normal year.  It's a Leap Day!

So what did I do today?  Well, I did the usual.  I got up, took the kids to school, went to work, came home, ate dinner, and went to CCD class.  What did I do extra?  Well, honestly not much!  Actually, nothing! 

Here I had an entire extra day (one that I always wish for) and......nothing. 

What does this tell me?  It tells me it's not really about the time.  It's about wanting what you don't have.  Because when I actually had it, I did nothing with it. 

I'm going to work really hard at not wishing my life away and wishing for "more time".  Instead, I'm going to use the time I've been given a little more wisely.  At least try!!!

So if you hear me wishing for more time, remind me of today.  :)

And, in other news, my friend Cyndi's daughter made good use of her time today.  Welcome to the world, little Sara!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment