Sunday, October 23, 2011

Heaven Is For Real

Just back from tonight's CCD class, and really wanted to share.  We're starting a new stretch of classes (hard to believe this one will take us through Thanksgiving already!).  So, if you're keeping track, we're done with the YouCat and are moving on to the book, "Heaven Is For Real".  Have you read this book?

If you have, I'll try to post some of our discussions on here and perhaps we can have a mini book club online!  If you haven't read it, see if you can find it (at the library or a bookstore or even online at Amazon.com!) and read it.  I promise you you will not be disappointed!!! 

Basically, it is the story of a 4  year old who gets very sick and is mis-diagnosed.....and while waiting for answers, his parents sense they are losing him.  When they finally find the doctor that can help them, Colton (the 4-year-old) has to have surgery to repair a ruptured appendix.  A few months after he is released from the hospital, he starts revealing details about his time in heaven with Jesus -- and has details that he could not have known otherwise!

It is a wonderful book.  We will start discussing it on November 2, so if you want to read along, try to have it read by then.  It probably will not take much longer than 2-3 hours to read.  It's a great read!  :)

I hope you have a wonderful week!  I hear it's to warm up a bit, which I actually will take right around now! 

Hebrews 10:24
24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

(Sorry, I forgot to upload this on Wednesday -- I thought I had.  Thought I would still put it up today!  :)

3 comments:

  1. This book is amazing! Colton is definitely an inspired child.
    Although I do admit my favorite part of the book is when the family was discussing titles for the book and his older sister offered "He's been to heaven, but he's no angel!"
    Just another reminder kids are the same every where in the world (especially if they have siblings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the book. I want to read it with my sons 13 & 9. After reading it myself, I asked if they'd like to "re"read it with me. The response was no mom! So, I think I am going to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Beth ~ (I saw your post on my Facebook page to identify you :).....I loved that line, too.

    Robin -- I hope you read along and give us your thoughts as we read! We won't be discussing this week, but will next week on Wednesday. You have time to re-read! Tell the boys they would like it, too! :) Thanks for reading/responding.

    ReplyDelete