Thursday, October 6, 2011

In Honor and Memory of Becky Grillot

Have you ever had someone come into your life that was just a blessing all the way around?  Someone, who, no matter what they were going through, always had a smile on their face?  Someone who would never complain, and, even when things were not great for them, would still work to find out how YOU were?

Well, the world, and more specifically, Botkins, Ohio, lost one of those people last night.  Becky succombed to the cancer that was taking over her body.  It's one of those times when I realize that our lives are really in God's hands.  Nothing we could say, or do, could make Becky better or prolong her life.  God had a plan, and he enacted it.

For whatever reason, I have been replaying in my mind today the last time I saw Becky.  It was at the Botkins Carousel Queen Pageant in June.  She had just receved the great news that her breast cancer was in remission, and she was free from cancer!  I went to speak with her, and gave her a big hug, congratulating her and wishing her the best.  I never in my life dreamt that would be the last time I would see her.

Shortly after that, she was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain.  The dreaded cancer had spread.  I can't imagine as a wife and mother, receiving that diagnosis and trying to figure out how to deal with everything.  Yet, as always, she did it with grace and style.

Today, my prayers go to her husband, Andy, and their three beautiful girls, Jodi, Amy, and Vicki.  I hope you will join with me in prayer as they deal with their loss. 

In the meantime, here is a song that makes me think of Becky every time I hear it.  She was such a blessing to many, and her legacy will live on forever.

"Blessings" by Laura Story


Psalm 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

Rest in peace, Becky.  Your work is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment