Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lenten Scripture Challenge!

Are you still looking for something to strengthen your faith this Lenten season?  I ran across this tonight and thought it quite interesting.  Included in the link are all 9 readings, but I would encourage you to read one at a time -- and pray it.  Meaning, pray before so that God will help you read and grasp what He wants you to, soak in whatever words and/or phrases that pop out to you.  Spend 5 days or so on each reading (I think that math works out :) -- and really try to figure out how God is speaking to you through each reading.  I PROMISE you if you read these and soak them in, and then attend Holy Saturday mass -- the readings will NOT seem like they take as long :)

***************************************************************
From the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:

Did you know that the Easter Vigil traditionally has nine readings which recount Salvation History? Seven are from the Old Testament, one is from the New Testament and the Gospel reading. Here’s our Lenten Scripture challenge to you: Can you read all nine readings by Holy Thursday? Here’s the first reading from the Easter Vigil (we’ll post readings weekly):

http://www.usccb.org/nab/042311.shtml#reading1

*****************************************************************

And since I'm not being quite so "blabbery" tonight, I really want to take a second to thank all of you who have sent me e-mails and messages about my blog.  I really appreciate your comments and thoughts -- and even your tears (and mine, too!).  As I keep saying, I am not sure where this is going, but I honestly feel like I am doing the Lord's work.  If you have any topic requests, let me know.  I am no expert, but am always willing to learn and find information out, if I can.

Have a great Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment